Open Heaven 25 January 2020 – God’s Sandpaper
Open Heaven 25 January 2020 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – God’s Sandpaper Topic: God’s Sandpaper (Open Heaven 25 January 2020) Memorise: “Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.” – Hebrews 12:11
Daily Devotionals: RCCG Open Heavens Daily Devotionals
Article Written By: Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Open Heaven 25 January 2020 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – God’s Sandpaper
Topic: God’s Sandpaper (Open Heaven 25 January 2020)
Memorise: “Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.” – Hebrews 12:11
Read: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (KJV)
9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Bible in One Year: Genesis 38-40
Open Heaven 25 January 2020 Saturday MESSAGE:
When a carpenter is working on a piece of furniture, he has a picture of what he wants the finished work to look like. He puts in a lot of effort to make the piece of wood into what he has in mind, and if it is not smooth as he wishes, he smoothens it to the desired state with some sandpaper. Jesus Christ is our carpenter and He has a picture of what He wants us to be as He works on us; however, every now and then, we exhibit certain behaviors which can hinder His ultimate plan, so He employs the sandpaper (a person or situation) to smoothen us out. The experience, however, is always painful as noted in today’s memory verse but it is for our own good. If a piece of wood being sandpaper could express itself, it would scream in pain, but the beauty of the outcome will make it worthwhile. Hebrews 12:6 clarifies this:
“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth”
When God wants to smoothen you out, He will put someone in your life as a piece of sandpaper, until you are well-polished. Your sandpaper could be your boss in the office or your pastor in Church. Despite their harshness, see the sandpaper in them. There is probably a behaviour that God wants you to shed or acquire from working with the boss or pastor.
The most frequent piece of sandpaper I have seen God use on people is their spouse. He knows that you can resign in an office or leave a church, but your contract with your spouse is for life. So, He often uses our spouses to smoothen us out. The problem with most people however, is that instead of submitting to the process of change and becoming better, they choose to fight their spouses. It is no wonder many have remained on one spot for very long. Yield to change. Listen to what your God-fearing spouse is trying to correct in your behaviour- it is for your own good. If you allow yourselves to be smoothen by each other, you would advance fast in life and your home would be a better place to raise your children in. your latter years would also be more pleasurable.
Open Heaven 25 January 2020 Saturday Key Point:
The faster you let the sandpaper do its work, the better for you.
Hymn 25: Rock Of Ages, Cleft For Me.
1 Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
2 Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
3 Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
4 While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: SATURDAY 25th OF JANUARY, 2020
DAY 15: ARISE, OH LORD FOR OUR RESTORATION, TEXT: Job 20:15, Jer 33:3, Joe2:25. God is ever ready to answer prayers and act in our favour, whenever we call upon His name. He has all the power to restore all that we have lost.
- Praise and worship our God for Who He is. Isa 44:6
- Praise and worship our God for the creation power of heavens, the earth and everything therein. Psa 148:5
- Let us praise God for His marvelous works on the earth. Psa 40:5
- Let us thank God for His mercy and goodness in our life and family. Psa 23:6
- Let us thank God for His goodness and mercy in His church. Psa 23:6
- Let us begin to confess our sins and carelessness, that gave the enemies opportunities to sow tares and steal from us Matt 13:25
- Let us approach the throne of grace and ask God for mercy. He will abundantly pardon us. Jer 10:24, Heb 4:16
- Read Gen 20:2: Ask God to be merciful unto you for past seemingly good decisions and actions but which has now kept you or your valuables in bondage.
- Ask God never to cease to always rebuke and correct you in love until He makes a master piece of your life. Jer 10:24
- Let us see our picture in the mirror of the scripture, and recount what we have lost as individual and family. Many have lost health, peace, joy, fruitfulness wealth, Ask God for all round restorations Matt 13:25, Joel 2:25
- Read Gen 20:7. Ask God to open your eyes to things in your possession, which you must restore to the rightful owners for your own restoration to be established.
- Read Jos 7:1 Thank God for mercy in sparing your life despite your carelessness and ignorance in harbouring spiritual contrabands(accursed objects), Jos 22:20
- Pray for the grace of obedience for restitution and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Gen 20:14.
- God caused Abraham to regain Sarah in addition to other goods, Pray earnestly for divine restoration for every treasures and virtues you had once lost. Gen 20:14.
- Father terrorize, any strongman harbouring things that are rightly belong to me to restore them now Job 20:15, Gen 20:3
Enjoy Daily Prayers and , Open Heavens Daily Devotional, Billy Graham Daily Devotional , Our Daily Bread Devotionals , UCB Word for Today Devotionals , In touch Ministries Daily Devotionals , My Utmost For His Highest Daily Devotionals , All Rccg Live programs and Events , Rccg Sunday School Manuals ( Weekly Teacher and Students Manuals ) , Winner Chapel Daily Covenant Hours and Programs , Dclm Pastor Kumugi Daily Manna Devotional , Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional , Spirit Meat Rev. Olusola Areogun Daily Devotional , CAC living Water Daily Devotional Guides , CAC Weekly Sunday School Manuals , Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotionals , Our Daily Journey Devotionals , Turning Point Today Daily Devotionals , Christian Useful Secrets Tips , Download Nigerian Worship Video Musics and songs And MP3 , Ray Stedman Daily Devotional , Pastor Benny Hinn Inspirational Teachings , Bishop David Oyedepo Inspirational Teachings, Pastor Rick Warren Daily Hope Devotional , Pastor Faith Oyedepo Motivational Messages , Daily Devotions Etc