Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Desirous of a Higher Level?
- 1 Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Desirous of a Higher Level?
- 2 Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday MESSAGE:
- 3 Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Prayer Point:
- 4 Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Hymn 2: Oh Jesus, I Have Promised
Topic: Desirous of a Higher Level? (Open Heaven 12 November 2019)
Memorise: “But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.” – Daniel 1:8
Read: Daniel 3:14-18, Daniel 3:28-30 (KJV)
14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.
Bible in One Year: Job 9-12, Joel 2:18-32
Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday MESSAGE:
It is natural for every human being to desire to attain a higher position, output or level of productivity in every sphere of endeavour. However, it is sad that not everyone is ready to pay the price needed to attain this higher level. Do you desire to go higher in your pursuits in life? Anyone who desires advancement in their career, ministry, business or academics must acknowledge that in God’s created order, you cannot expect an output where there is not input. In other words, there is a price to pay to obtain anything good in life. In today’s memory verse, we have a good example in Daniel who desired to make excellent stride in his pursuits.
When he and his friends were enrolled in the University of Babylon, they immediately determined in their hearts that they would graduate with first class honors and distinctions, even though they were in a strange land. To Daniel and his colleagues, it was necessary for them to defer the delicacies and luxurious lifestyle of a minister-in-making. The result of their choice to make sacrifices in order to achieve their goals is clearly seen in Daniel 1:20, which says:
“And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.”
Our Bible reading further tells us about the price paid by three of Daniel’s colleagues before they were promoted to higher levels of their profession. The king they served had decreed that all his subjects must worship his graven image, but Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego declined to do so because they served a God who alone is worthy of worship.
That decision was to cost them their lives, but rather than being bothered by this, they boasted of the saving power of their God, going further to tell the king that even if their God decided to take them home through the furnace, it would be better than bowing to a lifeless image made by men. The story ended with this great report in Daniel 3:30, saying:
“Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.”
God is looking for those who will take a stand for Him. Will He find you doing so in this world that pushes godliness to the background? Are you ready to stand on the principles of the Bible in a world controlled by the philosophy of men? The decision is yours to make. If people like Esther and the apostles of old could do it, you can do it too, and God will be glorified in your life.
Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Prayer Point:
Father, please take me to a higher level in all my life’s pursuits in Jesus’ Name.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Hymn 2: Oh Jesus, I Have Promised
1 O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my guide.
2 O let me feel Thee near me,
The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
The tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me,
Around me and within;
But, Jesus, draw Thou nearer,
And shield my soul from sin.
3 Oh let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
The murmurs of self-will;
Oh speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
O speak, and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.
4 O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee,
That where Thou art in glory,
There shall Thy servant be;
And, Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
O give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.
5 Oh, let me see Thy footmarks,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone.
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then to rest receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER TUESDAY 12TH NOVEMBER
DAY 12: POWER TO HARVEST THE GLORY
TEXT: Exo 16: 10, 13:21, 1Cor 10:1
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Oh Lord we cry; Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of your glory. Isaiah 6:3
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the LORD’S mercies that we were not consumed, because his compassions* has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- Let us thank the Almighty God for His glory and divine visitation upon our life and family.
- Father; I thank you for that visitation that brings your salvation to my life. Luk 19:9
- Father, I thank you for your ever-abiding presence and glory I enjoyed in all my ways in Jesus name. Matt 28:20
- Those that wait on God shall never be ashamed; Isa 49:23b Pray for the grace to remain in Christ no matter the challenges in Jesus name
- Father Remember all your promises for our lives and bring them to fulfillment in Jesus name
- Gen 45:13, Father your grace sustained Joseph in Egypt, let your grace sustain us in this difficulty end time in Jesus name.
- Father Lord, Just like you did on Mt. Sinai, Exo 24:16-17, let your glory be seen and available in all our churches in Jesus name.
- Father Lord, let your glory like fire manifest in all our churches and lives in Jesus name. Exo 24:17
- Father, release unto us the power to do all that requires enjoying your glory all the days of our lives in Jesus name. 2 Chronicles 7:1-2
- Father declare your glory among us and your wonders be seen in our lives. Psalms 96:3
- Father Lord, let your glory that brings dominion and great turn around be available and seen on the Redeemed Christian Church of God in Jesus name. 1Petet 5:11
Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 12 November 2019 Tuesday Daily Devotional.