Open Heaven 24 November 2019 – The King’s Meat – And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
Open Heaven 24 November 2019 Sunday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The King’s Meat
Topic: The King’s Meat (Open Heaven 24 November 2019)
Memorise: “But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank:” – Daniel 1:8a
Read: Daniel 1:5-15 (KJV)
5 And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king’s meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
6 Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
7 Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego.
8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
9 Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king’s meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king’s meat.
Bible in One Year: Psalm 21-26, Jonah 1
Open Heaven 24 November 2019 Sunday MESSAGE:
Daniel was a very intelligent and knowledgeable young man who was taken into captivity in Babylon for the purpose of serving in the king’s palace. As was the custom in Babylon, Daniel had to be trained for three years before he could be assigned his duties. While undergoing his training, he was given a daily portion of the king’s meat, but Daniel refused to partake of it stating clearly that he would not “defile” himself with the king’s meat. Why? The reasons are simple: Daniel knew that the food the king ate was usually first dedicated to the gods of the land, and those who ate from it included the magicians, astrologers and Chaldeans. He knew his God and was sure that the God he served was not the same as the god of the king. He also knew that eating such meat would defile a child of the Almighty God.
Now, what was the result of Daniel not defiling himself with that meat? One day, King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream he couldn’t remember, so he called all his magicians, astrologers and the Chaldeans, who usually partook of his meat, demanding them to remind him of his dream and also interpret it, but they couldn’t. the king then ordered the killing of all the wise men of Babylon for this failure. At that point, Daniel came onto the scene and consulted his companions, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (who along with him didn’t partake of the king’s meat), to pray to God for a solution to the problem at hand. That same night, God revealed the dream to Daniel in a vision (Daniel 2:19). If he had partaken of the king’s meat, his spiritual vision would have been blurred. In Daniel 1:20, the king himself testified that Daniel and his friends were ten times better that his magicians.
The king’s meat is anything that will hinder you from having continuous fellowship with God. For instance, if the staff in your office doctor figures and money from this evil practice is shard round the office, by collecting it, you are eating the king’s meat. If as a public servant you collect bribes to perform a duty you are paid to do, you are also eating the king’s meat. If you are having an affair with your boss or lecturer, you are defiling yourself with the king’s meat. It is therefore no wonder that many people are dull on their job and school; if only they could reject the king’s meat, they would be found to be ten times better than their colleagues. Are others eating the king’s meat around you and it seems as if they are better off? Don’t fret yourself; it is only a matter of time before everyone sees that those who refuse to defile themselves are ten times better than others.
Open Heaven 24 November 2019 Sunday Key Point:
If you want to be distinguished for promotion like Daniel, then dare to be different.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 24 November 2019 Sunday Hymn 4: Take My Life
1 Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6 Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER SUNDAY 24TH NOVEMBER
DAY 24: DIVINE HEALING
TEXT: 3 John 1:2
It is never the will of God for any of His children to be sick,. It is sin that brought sickness into the world, we need to repent and turn to God in our prayers of faith to get out of the wilderness of sicknesses and disease
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Thank God for His goodness and mercy over your life and family members,
- Thank God for His healing power that is available for His Children, in Jesus name. Psam103:3
- Father, please forgive all my sins knowingly or unknowingly that have brought sickness and diseases (mention the name of sickness) upon me, in Jesus name. Psa 103:3, James 5:15
- Father; by your mercy, please take away from me every inherited sickness and diseases, in Jesus name. Exo15:26
- Father; please destroy every yoke of sickness and diseases in my life in Jesus name. Isa 10:27
- Lord Jesus, by your resurrection power, I cancel every sickness and diseases unto death upon my life and my family in Jesus name. Joh11:4, Isa 28:1
- Father, please by your mighty hand of power, terminated every spirit of infirmity upon my life and my family in Jesus name. Luk 13:11-12, Joh 5:1-9
- Father, please put an end to plagues and every form of sickness and diseases reigning in my nation in Jesus name. Exo 12:13
- Father, please heal every damage done in my body as a result of sicknesses and diseases in Jesus name. Jer 17:14
- Father; arise and send your word for my healings and deliverance, dry up all the source of my sickness in Jesus name. Psa :107:20
- Father, put off every garment that will hinder healings from sickness and diseases in the life of your people during this year Holy Ghost Congress in Jesus name Mar 10:50
- Father; in the mighty name of Jesus, I declare that by your stripes I am totally healed. 1Pet2:24
- Father, please destroy every form of sickness and diseases that want to waste my destiny Isa 54:16-17
Open Heaven 24 November 2019 Sunday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 24 November 2019 Sunday Daily Devotional.