Open Heaven 12 February 2020 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The Beloved II
Topic: The Beloved II (Open Heaven 12 February 2020)
Memorise: “And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” – Genesis 22:18
Read: Genesis 22:11-18 (KJV)
11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Bible in One Year: Exodus 39-40
Open Heaven 12 February 2020 Wednesday MESSAGE:
Blessings are in level. It could be general or special. God causes the rain to fall on both the good and evil; He makes air available to everybody. These are general blessings. But He can also reserve special blessings – the greatest of them, for His beloved.
In order not to be seen as a partial, He puts up His beloved for great blessings and then leaves them to take critical decisions. Elijah asked the widow of Zarephath to surrender her last meal to him, and after she did, God blessed her with an unending supply of food. If anyone should ask God in future, “why did you send Elijah to that widow of all the widows in the land?” He would turn to them and ask, “Can you surrender your last meal?”
When He loves you, He will put you in line for irreversible blessings by asking you for a serious sacrifice. The moment you do it, He will bless you greatly. In Genesis 22:1-18, God told Abraham to sacrifice his son to Him, but as soon as he lifted the knife to kill the boy, God stopped him and swore by Himself saying “In blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies.”
Generally, God’s favorite will not lack any good thing. David, the man after God’s heart said confidently “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1).when God loves you, He will ensure that all your needs are supplied even before you make a request and if you want more, He will give you in abundance. In 2 Samuel 12:8, He told David:
“And I gave thee thy master’s house, and thy master’s wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.”
If you would obey Him absolutely from now on, God will put you in line for an irreversible blessing in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 12 February 2020 Wednesday Key Point:
God’s beloved would never lack any good thing.
Hymn 5: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus.
1 Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2 Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3 Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4 Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
5 Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR WEDNESDAY 12TH OF FEBRUARY, 2020
DAY 33: CHILD ABUSE, TEXT: Psas 127:3-5: Children are the heritage from the Lord, and the hope of our future and the home we build. Child abuse is any behaviour that harms a child, which can be physical, sexual, emotional and psychological abuse as well as neglect and exploitation.
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Thank God for the gift of life, for it is only the living that can praise God, Psa 115:17
- Thank God for giving you wonderful children, Jas 1:17
- Father please destroy every snare the enemies set to trap our children in Jesus name, Psa 124:7.
- Father please destroy every evil plantation against our children in Jesus name, Matthew 15:13
- Father, please deliver our children from any form of physical maltreatment in Jesus name.
- Father, please arise and rescue our children from sexual molestation in Jesus name.
- Father, please arise and defend our children from every form of attack in Jesus name
- Father, please arise and defend our children from forced labor in Jesus name. Joel 3:6
- Father, please arise and defend our children from any form of exploitation in Jesus name
- Father, please bless every parent so that they can adequately take care of their children in Jesus name.
- Father, please arise and arrest every agent of child trafficking in Jesus name Ezekiel 27:13
- Father, please arise and arrest every terrorist that is recruiting our children for terrorism in Jesus name.
- Father, please arise and rehabilitate every child that has been rescued in Jesus name.
- Father, please grant all parents the grace to train their children in your own way in Jesus name, prov.22:6.