Open Heavens 11 Feb, 2020 – The Beloved 1
Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye - The Beloved 1
Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The Beloved 1
- 1 Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The Beloved 1
Topic: The Beloved I (Open Heaven 11 February 2020)
Memorise: “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.” – Hebrews 12:6
Read: Hebrews 12:6-11 (KJV)
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Bible in One Year: Exodus 36-38
Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Tuesday MESSAGE:
There are so many benefits attached to being the beloved of the Most High God, even to the point of enjoying sound sleep.
“…for so he giveth his beloved sleep.” Psalm 127:2
For every benefit though, there would be an attendant cost and yes, it is costly to be God’s favorite. Firstly, God chastens His own. What others could get away with would result in chastening and discipline for God’s beloved, should he/she attempt same.
A long time ago, when construction measurements were typically done in feet, I hired a man to do some work on the campground. However, instead of measuring in feet, he measured in meters. The Holy Spirit told me twice to correct him, but I refused, thinking “As a professional, he should know the difference between feet and meters; since he doesn’t know, let him suffer for it.” After he was done, one of his workmen offered me a handshake. The man was huge and his hand felt like iron. The pain shot straight to my brain. I turned to God and asked “Lord why?” He said “I told you to correct his boss but you refused.” Ah, but this punishment is too much for the offence” I grumbled. His response was “You are special to me, so I cannot take any nonsense from you.” If you want to be the beloved of God, then you must obey Him totally and adjust immediately when He chastens you.
Secondly, God sends His beloved on special assignments which are sometimes dangerous. When Goliath was to be killed, He sent David. When He needed to redeem mankind, He sent His only Son, Jesus. This is because He has put so much in them that He knows they will not disappoint Him.
For every successful mission God’s special children embark upon, He gives special rewards to them, just like Jesus was given a name that is above every other. Do you want to be the beloved of Jesus? If yes, get yourself ready for special chastisements, assignments and rewards!
Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Tuesday Reflection:
Has God been chastising you about something for which you have refused to change? Adjust your ways.
Hymn 3: Be Glad In The Lord And Rejoice
1 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice;
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice.
2 Be joyful, for He is the Lord
On earth and in Heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules by His word—
The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.
3 What though in the conflict for right
Your enemies almost prevail?
God’s armies, just hid from your sight,
Are more than the foes which assail.
4 Though darkness surround you by day,
Your sky by the night be o’ercast,
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.
5 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
His praises proclaiming in song;
Let gratefulness give all a voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR TUESDAY 11TH OF FEBRUARY, 2020
DAY 32: INTEGRITY IN BUSINESS, Text: Gen 41:56:
- Let us pray we will be found faithful in our daily occupation and business. 2Sam 22:26
- Let us pray that in our business and employment we will serve God in obedience. 1Chro 29:17
- Let us pray for ourselves that we shall not be found wanting of nothing as representatives of God in the market place. Job 2:3
- Let us pray against every form of temptation that may arise to discredit us in the workplace in Jesus name. Psa 25:19-21
- Let us pray that we shall remain standing for Jesus in our workplace even when no one is looking at us. Psa 26:1-4
- Let us pray that the Lord will use us and our business as a model for the world because we will not do business as the world is known to do it. Psa 26:9-12
- Let us pray that He will grant us grace to withstand in the workplace so that we can see Him in glory. Psa 41:11-12
- Let us pray to God to give us the character that will make us win souls in the marketplace. Psa 101:2.
- Let us pray that we will learn to trust and obey your every command in our workplaces joyfully. Psa 119:1
- Let us pray that the Lord will grant to us wisdom, knowledge and understanding to rule and reign in the marketplaces. Prov 2:6-8
- Let us pray that Lord will guide our path as we discharge our business with a heart of integrity. Prov 10:9
- Father, help us not to be dishonest in our workplace, but guide us to be an example of good businessmen and women in Jesus name. Prov 11:3
- Let us pray that as we show good example in the workplace, we will influence generations. Prov 20:7
- Father, give me strength to pray every day for the success of my business in the name of Jesus.
- Let us pray that we shall not be greedy of gain and that we will remain content with our God giving profit. Prov 28:6