Topic: Cast The First Stone [Saturday, November 11, 2017]
Basic Scriptures: Matthew 7:1-10
How swift we can be in judging others! Just the other day, I heard an unpleasant story about a brother and I became so furious that I said: “Who does he think he is? And he calls himself a Chritian.”On and on went my utterances. After a while, my spirit became restless! Some questions that kept reoccurring in my mind were: “AM I A BETTER CHRISTIAN than this brother?” By judging him, am I not even worse than him? Have I ever prayed for him? Matt 7:1-2 says, “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged and for with what ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”
I was so mindful of the speck in this brother’s eyes because the devil had disguised the log I had in my eyes (we all have ‘logs ‘in our eyes). The woman in today’s scripture was an adulteress; that brother/sister could be a cheat or gossip, but before you cast that stone, check yourself. Are you perfect? 1 cor. 11”31 says, “For if we will judge ourselves, we should not be judged.” The next time you want to casts stone, pause for moment and ask yourself: “Am I any better?” JUDGE YOURSELF; PRAY FOR OTHERS!
Prayer Points: Take any song of worship a led.
1. In your own words pray about today’s word as led.
2. Repent from judging others directly or indirectly! If God were to cast stones, who will stand? Begin to ask for forgiveness again now!
3. Lord, grant me the grace to live uprightly and pray for the fallen because I am not perfect.
4. As 2017 ends, LORD GOD, show me DAILY MERCY as I show others MERCY!
5. Pray about today generally now
By Bishop (Dr) Chris E. Kwakpovwe (Cek)
Publisher/Writer Of ODM And
Rev (Mrs) Flora E. Kwakpovwe (Fek)
Co-Publisher/Writer Of ODM.