MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 25 August 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Elisha’s Cries
TOPIC: Elisha’s Cries (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 25 August 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 119: 1-88; 1 Corinthians 7:20-40
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 2 Kings 2:11-15
MEMORY VERSE: “In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.” – Psalms 86:7
When Elijah departed on the chariot of fire, his prophetic protégé, Elisha was disconsolate. His first cry was that of alarm: “My father, my father!” But when he came to himself, he realised that the mantle he demanded from Elijah had fallen. He picked up this mantle with confidence. With this in his hand, his second cry was that of trust and power in the God of Elijah: “Where is the Lord God of Elijah!” And with this victorious cry and prophetic action, Elisha successfully divided the Jordan and crossed over and his ministry started in earnest.
The Bible recorded that from this time onward, he became the head of the sons of prophets in the city of Jericho. The sons of the prophets who had been mocking and making jest of him came to bow before him. Not long after this, he went ahead to heal the waters of the city and became an environmental transformer of the town (2 Kings 2:12-22).
What type of cries do you utter when the trials of life come your way? Are you the crybaby type? Are you a murmurer? Are you a complainer? Are you the type that curses man and God when challenges come your way? As a believer, you need to know that we live in a life that is full of trials, troubles and tribulations (John 16:33). Our Lord Jesus passed through this way too and He has made us to realise that our afflictions in life are temporary if we can learn to trust him. He also promised that we will not be yoked with any challenge that is too much for us to shoulder.
There is a lesson for you to learn from the case of Elisha. In the moments of crisis, refrain from crying and whining like a baby. Rather, gird up your loins, look up with faith at the storms of life and cry: “Where is the Lord God of Elijah!” I believe you will make the better choice today.
THE SHOUTING SIDE IS THE WINNING SIDE.
May the Lord hear you in the day of trouble!
1. O God of Elijah, arise in Your power and fight my battle, in the name of Jesus.
2. O Lord my Father, envelope me with Your divine strength, in the name of Jesus.
3. Power of the Most High God, overshadow me now, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every environmental witchcraft covens, I pull you down from your lofty heights, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every bitterness in my life, be made sweet, by the power in the blood of Jesus.
6. I decree and declare that all my enemies will come bowing down at my feet, in the name of Jesus.
7. Mercy of the Living God, make a way for me where there is no way, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)