MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 8 November 2018 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Investing In Your Eternal Future
TOPIC: Investing In Your Eternal Future (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 8 November 2018)
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Colossians 3:1-12
MEMORY VERSE: “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” – John 3:3
Each of us is investing something. It may be building a career. It may be building a solid marriage and rearing our children in the Lord. But we all are allotted a certain number of days. We spend them doing something. The sum total of how we spend our days amounts to the investment of our lives. It is surprising that while people are careful about investing their money, they are haphazard about investing their lives.
Besides, many of us live as if there is no life after our sojourn on earth. We fail to take cognisance of the fact that there is eternity which could be spent in heaven or hell. Where each of us spends eternity depends on the kind of investment he or she makes (positive or negative) while on earth. The truth is that life is short and wise men and women invest in their eternal future. How do you invest in your eternal future?
First, you must be born again (John 3:3). That is the most important investment into your eternal future. If you do not give your life to Christ and begin to live for Him, any other effort you make will amount to an exercise in futility. The investment if your life (depositing your life –spirit, soul and body) is the most important step you must take. You must entrust everything you are and have to Jesus for safekeeping.
Second, you should set your affection on things above, not on things on earth. You should live a godly and holy life. You should mortify your body and put your flesh in check so that you do not sin. Besides, our Fire Scripture today admonishes that you put off the old man and its manifestations such as anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not to one another.
Do you want to spend your eternity in heaven? You must begin your preparation here. Put off and get rid of all sinful, unclean and ungodly acts (in your thought, speech and action). The cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Revelation 21:8).
THIS WORLD IS NOT HOME; WE ARE JUST ALL SOJOURNERS.
Henceforth, the Holy Spirit will teach and enable you to make wise investment in your eternal future.
1. I receive the grace to set my affection above, in the name of Jesus.
2. I put off the old man and all its manifestations (anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication), in the name of Jesus.
3. Anything organised from the pit of hell to send me to hell fire, scatter and die, in the name of Jesus.
4. I declare the Lordship of Jesus Christ over my life and my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
5. Blood of Jesus, fire of God, purge my life of all impurities, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, as You prepare mansions for me, teach me to prepare myself for eternity in heaven, in Jesus’ name.
7. Father, let my love for You and my fellowship with You increase exponentially on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)