MFM Daily Devotional 12 May 2019 – The Spiritual Legal Ground | Bed, if any of these situations is present in your life, then the devil has a strong legal ground to stay, because you or your parents gave him an open invitation. Repentance and total obedience are the only lock against the serpent in your life.
MFM Daily Devotional 12 May 2019 – The Spiritual Legal Ground
MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 12 May 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – The Spiritual Legal Ground
TOPIC: The Spiritual Legal Ground (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 12 May 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 15-16; John 3:1-18
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Galatians 5:19-23
MEMORY VERSE: “He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.” – Ecclesiastes 10:8
That famous verse in Ecclesiastes that tells us that whoever breaks the hedge, the serpent shall bite him. But what does it mean?
A person who is in Christ is a royal priest, a prince, a holy citizen, a peculiar person owned by the Eternal King of Glory (1 Peter 2:9). Angel guards form a wall of protection around him 24 hours a day. This is the hedge, which unfortunately can be broken; and once it is broken, the serpent (satan and his demons) will access the person’s life to bite.
What breaks God’s hedge of protection around a man and opens the door of his life?
- Evil inheritance: The most annoying door opener are the sins and iniquities of parents and ancestors. If they are into the occult or witchcraft or worshipped idols or into any other sin, they have signed themselves and generations to the devil. He will certainly claim that person and stays unless the person brings Jesus in to rescue him.
- Sins: If a man indulges in the works of the flesh as listed in Galatians 5:19-21, he certainly has broken the hedge of God’s protection upon his life.
- Environmental factors: A physically or spiritually unclean environment or cursed objects in the home or body certainly invites the serpent into a life, because the Holy Spirit cannot stay in filth.
- Breaching God’s laws on marriage: God has disgust for sexual immorality because it defiles His temple (1 Corinthians 3:16). Sex outside marriage, sex with persons of the same sex, oral sex, masturbation, sex with animals are an open invitations to the serpent.
- Disfiguring God’s temple: Tampering with the body or soul that God has so fearfully and wonderfully made, through bleaching, tattooing, smoking, hard drugs and alcohol, plastic surgery to tamper with the nose, lips, breasts, hips etc for beauty are querying God’s work.
- Uncontrollable tongue: Careless talk, cursing, gossiping, and other wrong uses of the tongue defile a man (James 3:6) and make him abominable to God.
Beloved, if any of these situations is present in your life, then the devil has a strong legal ground to stay, because you or your parents gave him an open invitation. Repentance and total obedience are the only lock against the serpent in your life.
AS THE APPLE OF GOD’S EYE, HE HAS WARNED THE ENEMY TO KEEP AWAY.
Because you are in Christ, the old order of serpent bites has been abolished in your life.
- Almighty God, I thank You for the supreme sacrifice that You made at Calvary to set me free from satanic harassment, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, I confess the sins and iniquities of my parents and ancestors and plead the blood of Jesus to wash away every inherited defilement, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, empower me to repair any hedge I have broken and destroy every legal ground the devil has over me, in the name of Jesus.
- Gracious God, I confess my own sins (mention them); I repent and plead for mercy and sanctification by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, empower me to be totally submitted to You, so that I can resist the devil and put him to flight, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stubborn power claiming satanic right over any area of my life, let the thunder fire of God kill you, in the name of Jesus.
- I Am that I Am, make me the apple of Your eye, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)