The Profitability of Upright Living by Pastor Paul Enenche
POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – 18TH SEPTEMBER 2019
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): 1 TIMOTHY 4:8
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE PROFITABILITY OF UPRIGHT LIVING
BY: DR. PAUL ENENCHE
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Understanding the profitability of upright living
The Bible makes it very clear that upright living is profitable. It pays to live right but it costs to live otherwise.
WHAT IS THE PROFIT OF UPRIGHT LIVING?
- Existence with a clear conscience (Acts 24:16; 1Tim. 4:1-2; Dan. 1:8; Acts 10:19)
1a. The clarity of your conscience determines the certainty of your destiny
If your conscience is not clear, your destiny is not there
1b. The clarity of your conscience determines the clarity of your directions (Dan. 1:8; Acts 10:19)
Most times, God speaks to you through your conscience, and if that conscience is damaged, direction is hampered
- Existence with the abundance of peace (Isa. 48:18, 22)
2a. The presence of peace is the guarantee of direction (Ps. 85:8)
2b. You need peace for the fulfilment of your days
- Existence with boldness and audacity (Prov. 28:1; John 14:30)
3a. Integrity undergirds audacity
3b. Guilt is the killer of faith
If you don’t want your faith to be under attack, maintain a clear conscience
- Existence with spiritual power (Rom. 1:4; Ps. 110:3; Ex. 15:11)
4a. Purity is a magnet of power
The power of God travels in the direction of purity
4b. Sinfulness is doorway to powerlessness
Every time you toy with the wrong thing, you are toying with powerlessness
- The establishment of Divine preservation (Job 1:1, 10; Isa. 33:15-16; Ps. 25:21; Rom. 6:23)
You are in a realm beyond the reach of harm
5a. Integrity preserves and iniquity destroys (Ps. 25:21; Rom. 6:23)
5b. The shield of Divine defence is the heritage of the upright (Job 1:10)
- The facilitation of answered prayer (Ps. 66:18; Isa. 59:1-2)
6a. Iniquity blocks access to God whereas integrity grants audience with God
6b. Whatever defiles your conscience denies you audience with God
- The enthronement of life and destiny (Prov. 16:12; 25:5)
There is a throne for you in the land of the living, it is uprightness that will take you there
7a. Righteousness enthrones and unrighteousness dethrones
7b. Divine liftings and placements are stabilised by righteousness
Whenever God gives you a placement in any realm, it is uprightness that will stabilise you there
- The guarantee of eternity with God in Heaven (Ps. 9:17; Rev. 21:27)
8a. The door of the Church is open to everybody but the door of Heaven is open only to the upright
8b. How you live in this life determines where you will live after this life
- Upright living is not negotiable if losses in time and eternity are to be avoided/averted
- The pay of uprightness is far more than worth any cost of it
The cost of unrighteousness is never worth any gain of it
As you comply with God, and are open and sincere with Him, we shall make it
God will not kill you because you are not 100% perfect, but He will be angry with you if you are not sincere
Father, thank You for Your Word to us tonight. We are grateful. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive the grace to live for You. Help me to be open before You. Father, show me anything in my life that may end me in hell. Help me to adjust my ways and live for You while there is time. I receive the grace to live for You, in Jesus’ Name.
COMMUNION FOCUS (TITUS 2:11-12):
Communion of Grace for upright living
- Anything you are finding difficult to resist, by the power of the Blood today, it is broken
- The power to say no to evil is released upon you!
- Anyone with the consequence of sin in your body, by the power of the Blood of Jesus, that consequence is broken!
- I don’t know the door you’ve been knocking on – the door of the womb, of marriage, of business, of grace, of a mantle, it has just been opened right now!
- Tonight, I prophesy Divine encounters; as you sleep tonight you shall have encounters
- The door is open and the burden is lifted!
- There is a negative expectation of the wicked that the Lord has just frustrated!
- A victory has just been won in your favour!