Anchors for Upright Living by Pastor Paul Enenche
POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – 11TH SEPTEMBER 2019
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14
MESSAGE TOPIC: ANCHORS FOR UPRIGHT LIVING
BY: DR. PAUL ENENCHE
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Understanding the anchors or the fundamentals that enhance upright living
Upright living does not just happen, it is anchored on fundamentals
ANCHORS FOR UPRIGHT LIVING:
- The understanding of our purpose for existence (Isa. 43:21; Gen. 1:27; Eccl. 12:13-14)
The understanding of your purpose for existence undergirds living uprightly
1a. Man is not on earth accidentally, man is on earth by the deliberate action of the Creator (Gen. 1:27)
1b. Since man did not decide to be created, man cannot decide how to live (Eccl. 12:13-14)
1c. Man was created to give pleasure and not pain to the Creator (Isa. 43:21)
- Walking in love for God (Mark 12:29-30; Matt. 3:17; John 14:15; 2Cor. 3:18; Ps. 17:15)
If you love God passionately, the number of commandments you will struggle to keep are minimal
2a. Love for God places in the heart of man the desire to bring God satisfaction with our actions and lifestyle (Matt. 3:17)
2b. Love for God causes man to value both God and His Word (John 14:15)
2c. Love for God causes man to spend time with God and that transforms man into His likeness (2Cor. 3:18; Ps. 17:15)
- Walking in love for people (Mark 12:31; Matt. 7:12; 1John 4:8; 3:5; 1John 4:20)
When a person walks in love for people he cannot walk in sin comfortably
3a. Love for people forbids you from doing to others what you don’t expect others to do to you (Matt. 7:12)
3b. Love for people releases in us the nature in God because God is love and the nature of God is uprightness (1John 4:8; 3:5)
3c. Love for people is the hallmark of true spirituality and true spirituality is the basis of integrity (1John 4:20)
It is lovelessness that is behind wickedness and the multiplication of sinfulness
When we put ourselves in the shoes of others, life becomes interesting and walking in uprightness is less of a struggle
What you do with people is proof of who you are before God
- The consciousness of the end; living with the end in mind (Eccl. 12:14, 7; Heb. 9:27)
Inside you is the substance, the physical exterior is the dust (Eccl. 12:7)
The end must be in our mind
4a. The consciousness of future accountability imparts cautiousness to current activity (Rom. 14:12)
4b. The consciousness of the expiration of mercy after death helps Godly living while mercy exists (Heb. 9:27)
HOW TO MAKE THE ANCHORS OF UPRIGHT LIVING FUNCTION FOR YOU:
Application for Grace (Tit. 2:11-12)
Grace – helps you to do the right thing and helps you avoid doing the wrong thing
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I apply for Your Grace to understand my purpose for existence, the grace walk in love for You and love for people, and the grace to live with the consciousness of the end, in Jesus’ name.
Communion of the Communication of Grace to live right, do the Will of God and fulfill the purpose of God.
- Everything threatening your life, tonight is the end of it!
- Every affliction from the pit of hell that has vowed that you will not fulfill your days, today, that affliction is under attack! You shall fulfill your days in Jesus’ Name!
- Any death deposit in your body is roasted by fire!
- I don’t know what you have been expecting from God, that expectation just manifested now!
- Before Sunday arrives, this thanks you have done now will produce a miracle!
- The grace to live for God is released upon you
- Everyone battling to live upright, that battle is broken in Jesus’ Name
- Whatever you left at home as a temptation, you shall meet it as a testimony in Jesus’ Name.
- You shall receive a Divine visitation overnight which will cancel a satanic decree in your life
- A letter you have been expecting has just been released
- That door you have been knocking on has just been opened!
- That question in your heart, before this week is over, Jehovah shall answer it.