The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 28 July 2020 – He Can Protect You
TOPIC: He Can Protect You
READ: Acts 18:12-23 (NKJV)
- When Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews with one accord rose up against Paul and brought him to the judgment seat,
- saying, “This [fellow] persuades men to worship God contrary to the law.”
- And when Paul was about to open [his] mouth, Gallio said to the Jews, “If it were a matter of wrongdoing or wicked crimes, O Jews, there would be reason why I should bear with you.
- “But if it is a question of words and names and your own law, look [to it] yourselves; for I do not want to be a judge of such [matters.”]
- And he drove them from the judgment seat.
- Then all the Greeks took Sosthenes, the ruler of the synagogue, and beat [him] before the judgment seat. But Gallio took no notice of these things.
- So Paul still remained a good while. Then he took leave of the brethren and sailed for Syria, and Priscilla and Aquila [were] with him. He had [his] hair cut off at Cenchrea, for he had taken a vow.
- And he came to Ephesus, and left them there; but he himself entered the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews.
- When they asked [him] to stay a longer time with them, he did not consent,
- but took leave of them, saying, “I must by all means keep this coming feast in Jerusalem; but I will return again to you, God willing.” And he sailed from Ephesus.
- And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up and greeted the church, he went down to Antioch.
- After he had spent some time [there,] he departed and went over the region of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples.
Paul, in the course of his missionary activities, continued to face a barrage of enemy attacks. There were times when he had to stand to his own defense. But this was not such a time. In our passage today, Paul was fully ready, as usual, to defend himself and his faith. The Jewish persecutors had forcefully brought him before the Proconsul, hoping they would finally put an end to Paul and his message. Unfortunately for the persecutors, God was in charge as usual, and God overruled the intentions of the enemies.
When you are completely set on pleasing the Lord, not even Satan and all his forces can stop you. In this passage, the Lord used Gallio the Proconsul (a man who under normal circumstances, was not friendly towards the mission of Christ), to scatter the schemes of the Jewish antagonists. In the same way, God is able to raise help for you even from the camp of the enemy itself. He is God and there is absolutely nothing impossible for Him.
The hearts of all men are in His hands. He controls every situation in the lives of His children. Make up your mind to live, pleasing Him daily; He is fully able to defend and protect His own!
PRAYER: Lord, I am so glad You are in charge of every situation that concerns me. Help me to please You with my life and to trust You through the day. Amen.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Powered by Best Social Sharing Plugin for WordPress Easy Social Shre Buttons