Anglican Communion 26 June 2019 – There Is God – It begins with a declaration of the glory of God as seen in all the works of creation. It then moves into God’s authority in His creation through the power of His word. The psalmist demonstrates that the created universe is a constant reminder to any honest beholder that there is God.
The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 26 June 2019 – There Is God
TOPIC: There Is God
READ: Psalms 19:1-14 King James Version (KJV)
- The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
- Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.
- There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.
- Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,
- Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race.
- Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.
- The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
- The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
- The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is great reward.
- Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults.
- Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord , my strength and my Redeemer.
This Psalm is one of the greatest. It begins with a declaration of the glory of God as seen in all the works of creation. It then moves into God’s authority in His creation through the power of His word. The psalmist demonstrates that the created universe is a constant reminder to any honest beholder that there is God. Not only that God created everything,
He set boundaries for that which is created (verve 4) to establish order in the universe. Speaking about these boundaries in Acts 17:26-27, Paul interprets it as the nations of the world wherein the Gospel must be preached (Matthew 28:19-20). The Gospel being the law of the Lord that is perfect, converting the soul (verse 7).
Verse 13 warns against presumptuous sin. This is sin committed willfully against manifest light and knowledge – (Spurgeon). It is a deliberate sin. Paul warns in Romans 1:18-20 that the wrath of God is upon those who deliberately sin by pretending that God does not exist, because what is known and revealed about God in creation clearly shows there is God. So, there is no excuse for a sinner who rejects God’s salvation through His Son Jesus Christ from eternal damnation.
ACTION: Help spread the Good News: There is God, Jesus saves, and Hell is real.
PRAYER: Lord help me live up to Your mandate to preach the gospel and make disciples for the Kingdom.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Powered by Best Social Sharing Plugin for WordPress Easy Social Shre Buttons