Our Daily Manna ODM
Topic — Tears: Raw Materials For Triumph! [Tuesday, November 21, 2017]
Basic Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 2:3-14
When I was a child and my grandmother died, I could not understand why my eyes were dry. But that night, as my Dad tried to lighten the mood with some tickling at bedtime, my giggles turned to tears, to my horror and belief. So it came as no surprise to learn that researchers believe that crying and laughing come from the same part of the brain. Just as laughing has health benefits (lowers blood pressure and boosts the immune system), scientist are discovering that crying has as well!
- Our Daily Manna November 17, 2017: ODM devotional – Take Back The Fire Of Old
- Our Daily Manna November 16, 2017: ODM devotional – World Vigil Day: War Against The Evil Horse And Its Rider!
- Our Daily Manna October 6, 2017: ODM devotional – All Men Fail!
- Our Daily Manna October 18, 2017: ODM devotional – When It Does Not Make Sense
- Our Daily Manna: devotional – A Rough But Sure Road!
The survey carried out at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, a private university in Daytona beach, Florida, U.S.A, showed that 85% of women and 73% of men reported feeling better after crying. Tears enable self-discovery. Sometimes, we don’t even know we are upset till we cry. Apart from acting as a stress reliever sometimes, tears attract help from other people. People become milder and less aggressive and they are more likely to provide support and comfort. Holding back tears of anger or grief/bitterness can be bad for our bodies. It leads to high blood pressure, heart problems and even cancer.
As 2017 ends and 2018 travel nearer, may your life be full of joy and your days with pleasure! But heaven’s emphasis to you today is that God will turn whatever situation you are in, to your good. The last word concerning your life is not with the devil but with God! Rejoice! There is a mystery in the cross as a route to the throne! There is a mystery of affliction giving birth to glory ( 2 Cor. 4:17)!
- Our Daily Manna October 5, 2017: ODM devotional – The Strawberry Generation!
- Our Daily Manna – Stop The Haste! Let Things Happen!
- Our Daily Bread 20 November 2017 Devotional – Take a Number
- Our Daily Manna September 19, 2017: ODM devotional – The Mystery Snake: Vomit My Glory!
- Open Heavens 19 October 2017: Thursday daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye – All Things Work For Good
There is a mystery of pain producing power! There is a mystery of tears provoking triumph ( 2 Cor. 2:4)! You may not understand why God allows the tears, but understand this (Vs.14): God will ALWAYS cause you to triumph –even through thorns and tears! If you are patient, I see people celebrating you- soon! Yes! Very soon in Jesus Christ name! Hold on! Look up!
THE LAGOS MOUNTAIN INETRNATIONAL ANOINTING SERVICE is this Sunday November 26th: TIME: 8am-11:30am. VENUE: Manna Mountain Ogudu Orioke. Theme: “POWER PASS POWER: EVIL SERPENTS MUST CATCH FIRE!” Come with your anointing oil or any point of contact. Something great is about to HAPPEN!
Prayer Points: Take Song 3: Because He lives……..
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led.
2. Thank God for your past, present and tomorrow.
3. Pray specifically about any trial or pain in your heart.
4. Lord, turn every tear in my life to a glorious testimony!
5. No matter how 2017 has been, thank God for His great plans for you. Decree that in all things, triumph is your destiny.
6. Lord, restore whatever I have lost this year! Pray about today seriously as led now. Shout 7 Halleluyahs now! I see GREAT VICTORY!
By Bishop (Dr) Chris E. Kwakpovwe (Cek)
Publisher/Writer Of ODM And
Rev (Mrs) Flora E. Kwakpovwe (Fek)
Co-Publisher/Writer Of ODM.