RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 28 October 2018 Lesson 9
Topical Contents Headings!!!
TOPIC: Intentional Disciple – Making [RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 28 October 2018]
MEMORY VERSE: “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” – 2 Timothy 2:2 (scroll down for RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL 28 OCTOBER 2018 HYMN)
BIBLE PASSAGE: 2 Timothy 3:10-15 (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 28 October 2018)
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
INTRODUCTION: Discipleship process requires a teacher – student relationship. Hence, there is no discipleship where the convert is not taken through a definite process of intentional learning. The goal of discipleship is to produce an individual who has come to the realization of living on daily basis with Christ and experiencing consistent growth through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.
1. REASONS FOR INTENTIONAL DISCIPLESHIP.
2. HOW TO DISCIPLE OTHERS
REASONS FOR INTENTIONAL DISCIPLESHIP:
Intentional discipleship is a command by our Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20).It is also ensure the continuity of the gospel and to enable believers do greater works in the ministry (Act 2:42;John 14:12). Another goal is to produce ourselves in others (2 king 2:15). In addition, it should be aimed at eradicating the sacred/secular dichotomy in the society. In other words, the living experience of the one being made a disciple should not be divided between church-life and work-life (2 Corinthians 5:20). Invariably, intentional discipleship help to raise new generation of kingdom believers and world-changers (2 Timothy 1:5)
HOW TO DISCIPLE OTHERS
Jesus accomplished the purpose of intentional discipleship in the life’s of the early believers, He recruited, reshaped, renewed and launched them out to take the gospel to the then known world. Therefore, intentional disciple making should involve the following :
1. Living an exemplary life (1 Corinthians 11:1, Titus 2:7, 1 Timothy 4:12).
2. Spiritual parenting (1 Timothy 1:2,6:20, Galatians 4:19)
3. Giving of instruction (Matthew 28:20, 1 Timothy 1:18-19)
4. Letting your disciples observe what you do( Luke 11:1) and committing them to do what you would have done (2 Timothy 2:2).
5. Giving allowance for mistakes and corrections (Matthew 16:22-24, 2 Timothy 4:2).
6. Giving room for progress report/ feedback (Luke 10:17)
7. Making recommendations for subsequent endeavors (Matthew 17:19-21) and being able to recommend such individual to others (Romans 16:1-2, Philippians 4:3).
CONCLUSION: You are not successful until your successor has succeeded. Intentional discipleship does not just prepare people for Heaven but make them relevant on earth. Therefore, make conscious effort to disciple others for Christ.
1. Mention 4 reasons for intentional discipleship.
2. Outline the process involved in intentional disciple-making.
For further Reading: 2 King 2:15, 1 Timothy 4:12, Ecclesiastes 9:11, Galatians 4:19. 2 Timothy 2:2.
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL 28 OCTOBER 2018 HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?